Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ivo Cardile, 7, Walks Thanks To Father's Invention

Doctors told Jorge Cardile of Buenos Aires that his son Ivo, 7, would never walk.

And while unsuccessful surgeries may have deterred some parents, Cardile didn't listen, according to BBC.

"I said to myself, I have to do something, and well, I got the idea to put a brain in his feet, and so I did that and we got results," the news outlet reports.

Ivo was born with permanent brain damage, greatly limiting the use of his arms and legs. Cardile, who runs a car repair shop in Buenos Aires, toyed with a bike and wooden planks to build a machine to stretch his son's body and help build his muscles.

He has since perfected the invention, pouring his life savings into the endeavor, which Ivo now uses to walk independently.
Video link here