[editor Catholic Data: I thought this was some good advice on parenting--it is secular but in general pretty good link to original here]
Express Your Love and Affection
- 1Express love and affection:
- A gentle cuddle, a little encouragement, appreciation, approval or even a smile can go a long way to boost the confidence and well-being of your children. Sadly, many children seek this kind of acceptance from their peers.
- Tell them you love them every day.
- Give lots of hugs and some kisses.
- Love them unconditionally; don't force them to be who you think they should be in order to earn your love. Let them know that you will always love them no matter what.